Friday, October 14, 2011

Surrender

There are many authors that I have learned SO much from over the years. Here is a great reminder, brought to you by Cheryl Richardson...

"There is a Universal energy, a Divine force that creates us; sustains us; connects us to one another; and works in cooperation with our thoughts, words, and actions to generate our life experiences. When we recognize and learn to work in partnership with this benevolent power, we become masters of our own destiny. The formula is simple: Think thoughts that make you feel good, make choices that make you feel good, and take actions that make you feel good. Then surrender the outcome, trusting that Life will bring you what you need to grow and be happy."

Speaking of Surrender, I'm going to state the obvious to those of you who know me, I am borderline obsessed with Oprah. I have been watching her for longer than I can remember. Her show started in 1986, half a year before I was even born. So until her show ended this spring, there was not a day of my life that her show hasn't had some sort of influence on me. Even though it's officially over, it will always be my favorite show. There are many moments on her show that stand out to me as my absolute favorites. My favorite shows are rarely the ones with actors or actresses and all the famous people she had on over the years, they were more often the shows with "everyday" people, hearing about their experiences. These segments forced me to think differently and taught me lessons I still to this day, have not forgotten.

One story that Oprah told about her personal life, has had a particularly big impact on me. Before her show was even nationally syndicated, she had the opportunity to audition for a part in the film "The Color Purple". She says she has never wanted anything more in her life, than the role she auditioned for. This story still gives me chills, watch the video to see what happened.......

[This isn't a clip of the original segment that I had heard this story on, this is her speaking about it in her Master Class show. If you have 10 minutes to watch, please do, it gets me every time.]


"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." ♥ John 13:7





No comments:

Post a Comment