Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Step Outside of Your Comfort Zone

This weekend I went up to Fort Collins to visit my brother who still lives there. Fort Collins is where I first moved in 2005 when I graduated high school and went to college there. I spent 5 great years in Fort Collins but when I moved to Denver this summer I was ready to leave. I never thought I actually missed FoCo until I went back this weekend, I didn't see it coming at all. But I started reminiscing of all the memories and growth I had in that cute & quaint town. I moved there as an 18 year old girl fresh out of Wisconsin and left a 24 year old, dare I say, woman?! I know I still have so much more to learn and my whole life ahead of me, but I'm so thankful for the years I spent, in what started out as a very unfamiliar town, and ended up one of my comfort zones, Fort Collins, Colorado.

As I drove out of FoCo on Harmony to take I-25 back down to Denver I looked in my rear view mirror at the foothills and began second-guessing. Is Denver right for me?? Is that where I really belong. I spent the whole drive back down to Denver thinking what life would be like if we never left our comfort zones. If our fight to avoid change actually worked, how boring would life be?? And then as I exited onto Park Ave, the skyline quickly reminded why I moved to Denver. It's beautiful, there's so much energy and beauty, and Denver is definitely where I belong.

So today I challenge you, to embrace change and find ways to step outside of your comfort zone.


 ♥








No comments:

Post a Comment