Monday, October 17, 2011

It gets better...

I am feeling a huge tornado of emotions right now after reading this article on Huffpost. It breaks my heart to hear yet ANOTHER child has taken their life because they can't find an end to their pain.  After taking a class; Psychology of Death & Dying, I have very mixed emotions about suicide over all.  My general stance is that Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I wish SO badly that kids and teens could understand that. I've never suffered with the pains of depression as many of these kids have, so I partly don't feel like I have much room to talk. I have had close friends that have struggled and overcome, and one thing I do know, is if you can manage to stay strong and hold on, it will get better.

Here is the article.

ALSO, in the process of writing this article I came across this amazing website, It Gets Better Project

Please take the time to pledge your support to this great organization, it has amazing resources to help kids & adults that are having a hard time and also great support videos created by everyday people like you and me as well as many influential people in our society.

Here is one of the many videos, created by employees at Pixar







That is all ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment