Tuesday, July 31, 2012

God speaks in mysterious ways...

Do you ever get that feeling that God is telling you something? Leading you in a direction, not in any specific, big, profound way. But in tiny little steps, with little hints that you're on the right track?

I know that eventually my life's work will be helping people, in one form or another. And I've struggled to figure out exactly in what realm that may be. But I know the answer is coming. In due time.

At church last week, Pastor Scott said this bible verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6  It wasn't the first or even second time that I had heard that bible verse, but this time it was different. It struck a cord. Tonight as I was getting in my car, feeling great (which has not been a super common feeling lately for one reason or another) and I looked at the car ahead of me, and that bible verson was written all on the back of the car window. It occured to me, I can't take care of other people, and in turn feel fulfilled, if I don't care of myself. I can't serve other people, if I can't even serve myself.

Then while I'm sitting here reading another blog, about her experience in Ethiopia, the song by Carrie Underwood "How great thou Art" started playing on my ipod. And it gave me chills (It ALWAYS gives me chills, but it really stood out to me this time, how amazing it must feel for her, to be living by following her passion). So what is my passion? I know I'm heading in the right direction. I still don't know where that place is. But it feels so good knowing that I'm one step closer. It's amazing how much better you feel when you stop looking at how far you have to go, and simply have gratitude for how far you have come.

Gotta' have Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment