Friday, November 4, 2011

Truly live, every. single. day.

"As you grow up you will learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You'll have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break other's hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old love did.  You'll cry because time is moving too fast, and you'll eventually lose somebody you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin."


This quote has left me feeling inspired to make sure I'm always enjoying and LIVING every single day.

Every day we are faced with choices, decisions, opportunities that whether big or small, could potentially change our lives forever. It's our every day choices that ultimately have gotten us to where we are now. I often find myself in situations where I'm not sure what the "right" thing to do. I'm not talking about moral dilemmas. I'm talking, friendships, relationships, simple daily opportunities. As I've "grown up" I've come to realize that the "right" thing to do, is whatever is going to make me happiest. The only person I need to impress is myself. If I impress others in the process, then great.

So today I challenge you, when an opportunity presents itself, think "What do I truly want?" Making decisions all about yourself may sound selfish, and there is certain times you must put others before yourself. However, if you are making decisions that make you happy, others will also be happier around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment